SUPERNAIT 3 combines an 80W power amplifier with six individually decoupled input sockets and borrows advanced technology from Naim Audio’s flagship preamplifier, the NAC 552. In employing the latest Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) circuits in its power supply, it sits right at the forefront of Naim Audio amplifier technology.
- 80W per channel power output
- Six individually decoupled and hand-wired inputs with support for both DIN and RCA connections
- Built in Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) power supply for preamplifier section
- 1/4” (6.35mm) headphone output and high quality class-A headphone amplifier
- Ceramic heat sink isolation for improved sound quality on power and preamp sections
- Dedicated subwoofer output
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stage
- Built-in Moving Magnet phono stage
Technology & Craft
SUPERNAIT 3 includes a Class A preamp output stage which doubles as a headphone amplifier. Ceramic heatsink technology minimises capacitive coupling between the chassis and output transistors for optimum sound quality. Its inputs are each individually decoupled and hand-wired to minimise noise and interference while internal switching employs ultra-low-noise, constant current sources which are derived directly from the electronic design of the flagship NAC552 preamplifier.
Set at the core of every SUPERNAIT 3 is a custom-designed toroidal transformer featuring seven separate windings. This can be further upgraded with Naim’s external HiCap or SuperCap power supplies. Even the analogue delights of vinyl are yours to explore: simply add a StageLine or SuperLine phono stage. The SUPERNAIT 3 doesn’t miss a trick or a beat.
It doesn’t miss any music either. The SUPERNAIT 3 is never fazed by the demands of either speaker or music. It simply delivers dynamic, detailed and engaging music that can’t fail to move you.
||1 x RCA pair MM, 4 x DIN/RCA pair, 1 x RCA pair, 1 x DIN (for Naim phono amplifier)
|Line Outputs Fixed (level)
|Line Outputs Variable (level)
||Naim phono amplifier
||Speakers, record, preamp and variable sub
||Headphone, 1/4″ jack
||Infra Red (RC5)
||1 x 3.5mm jack on rear (RC5 modulated/unmodulated)
||1 x USB Type Mini-B
||Volume Control, Balance Control, seven button matrix
||100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
|Power Consumption (quiescent)
||87 x 432 x 314 mm
||240 x 590 x 500 mm
||NARCOM-4 Remote Control
||Brushed and black anodised
||Black powder coated