The NAC-N 272 combines Naim’s latest innovations in digital audio technology with classic analogue preamplifier engineering. It samples the best of both worlds to create an immensely musical hi-fi system.
Paired with a NAP 200, NAP 250 or even a NAP 300 power amplifier, the 272 is an ideal choice for those seeking the convenience of a single box streaming system with iOS and Android app control, but that crave hi-fi separates performance. It boasts an impressive array of inputs including high-resolution (up to 24bit/192kHz) UPnPTM streaming, Spotify Connect, iRadio, Bluetooth (aptX), USB, multiroom, TIDAL music streaming support and an optional DAB/FM module. Six digital and three analogue inputs cover integration with a wide range of sources from CD and games consoles to phonostages. It’s also performance upgradable with the addition of a Naim Audio XP5 XS, XPS or 555 PS power supply.
All this functionality does not come at the cost of performance. The 272 has been carefully designed and meticulously hand-crafted to deliver a completely immersive and awe-inspiring music experience.
- High quality preamplifier including digitally controlled analogue volume control
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Performance upgradable with XP5 XS, XPS or 555 PS power supply
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, DSF64 and DFF64, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3
- Six 24bit/192kHz-capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX audio codec
- Optional DAB+/DAB/FM radio module
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- Naim Audio app for iOS and Android
The NAC-N 272 is a high-performance Naim Audio preamplifier with quality hand-matched analogue components selected after listening tests. Great care has been taken to protect the signal path from sources of interference. The digital and analogue sections of the product communicate using optical isolation chips which minimises the impact of the noisy digital circuitry and power supply on the critical audio components.
The 272’s digital pedigree is formidable. It shares the incredibly powerful DSP (Digital Signal Processor) used by the reference NDS network player and features Naim Audio’s proprietary digital audio buffering and filtering techniques. This helps to eliminate jitter and optimises the audio stream for the best musical performance from any digital source. It also means that the 272 can play back DSD64 files.